Eagerly waiting to get the latest 4.3 jelly bean update from Samsung but they have just released the minor update over KIES in India. If you want to use or try the unofficial version on your Samsung Galaxy S3 device you can download and install it. Your S3 get latest update and many new features enhancement.
Here are few tips to follow and get the latest 4.3 on your S3 device. Step come with their own share of risks, like bricking, so unless you have done it before, do not attempt it. ‘Follow steps below at your owm risk’
Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S3 by following the instructions below :
1. First connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to a computer via USB cable
2. Choose the USB Debugging Mode (Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging)
3. Make sure you backup all the important data as the procedure may wipe out all the data on it. It is always suggested that you backup the content using custom recovery tools.
4. You need to ensure that the phone has at least 80% charge and it should be factory unlocked. (recommended – 100% charge)
Steps involved in installing the firmware update are as follows:
1. Download I9300XXUGMK6_I9300OXAGMK6_OXA.zip
2. You need to extract this file to get the .tar.md5.file.
3. Download Odin3 v3.09 and extract to get Odin v3.09.exe.
4. Run the .exe file on the computer.
5. Now, you need to enter Download Mode (Press Power + Volume Down + Home for a warning to appear and then hit Volume Up).
6. Connect the phone to your computer while it is still in Download Mode. An Added message will appear in Odin.
7. Click the AP button in Odin and select (AP_I9300XXUGMK6_2168382_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5) file which you get after extracting. And, install the firmware from the Odin.
8. After all done your S3 will reboot get the latest firmware 4.3 update. If not reboot your Samsung Galaxy S3.
9. The Android 4.3 I9300XXUGMK6 Jelly Bean test firmware should now be installed.
10. You can check for the new update by Navigating to Settings -> More -> About Device to verify the firmware installed on the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3 (Jelly Bean Screenshot)
Note: Group Play, Game Hub, Music Hub and Video Hub service not available in some region right now.