There are times when life throws us a curve ball and we just can seem to get out of the blues. Sometimes we feel depressed and lacking and we don’t even know why. Let’s explore some inspiring quotes that describe ways to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and feel a whole lot better.
Research has shown that one of the quickest ways to get through hard times and activate positive solutions and emotions is to feel empathy. You can take a quote put it into your own “quote of the day” program and will help you to identify with the writer of the remark and how they empathize with you. In this busy and often stressful world we live in, it sure helps to know and feel that we are not alone in our struggles. At one time or another, we’ve all been there before.
1. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Henry Stanley Haskins
2. “You stand at the closed door through which your loved one has passed. Those of us who love you stand beside you at that door.” – Maya Angelou
3. “Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.” – Richard L. Evans
4. “That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzshe
5. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandala
6. “When written in Chinese, the word “crisis” is composed of two characters. One represents danger, and the other represents opportunity.” – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
7. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “When clouds form in the skies we know that rain will follow but we must not wait for it. Nothing will be achieved by attempting to interfere with the future before the time is ripe. Patience is needed.” – I Ching
9. “A traumatic event doesn’t doom us to suffer indefinitely. Instead, we can use it as a springboard to unleash our best qualities and lead happier lives.” – Jane McGonigal
10. “Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it.” – Robertson Davies
I hope that these ten quotes lift you up and bring you even closer to happiness. A helpful tip you can use is to find a particular quote that you identify with and write it down on a piece of paper or sticky note. Then post it on your bathroom mirror, place it by your bedside, or anywhere else that you prefer. That way the quotes will be with you daily to remind you that the hard times you are going through now will soon pass and bring you to an even brighter future.